Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:30:12 +0000
From:  "Howie Dines" <howie (at mark) howie.co.uk>
Subject:  [coba-e:09178] Re: BQ Email Listserver turn-around time
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:27:57 -0500, Kenneth Allan wrote
> >May I also suggest two lists,
> >one for support and one for development discussions.
>
> That's a very good suggestion!
> The developers need an uncluttered forum to pass info back & forth.
> That forum should be restricted to developers only, but viewable by all.
>
> If anyone is thinking that would mean all the developers will abandon this
> list...that would never happen!
>
> The developers need this forum to get feedback from us the "Guinea Pigs".
> Our suggestions and bug finding greatly speeds-up and enhance the development
> process.
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

I think you will find that there are not really enough of what has been referred to as
developers to make a seperate developers list big enough. You will probably find that
they already send emails to each other directly.

I think the borders between developers and users are a very grey/gray area anyhow.
new users, with their 'fresh eyes' view on things, often think of new ideas and find
the bugs and glitches. These in turn spur an idea to develop a new development.

If there were two forums as suggested, the users forum would then just have repeat
threads as the users would be asking or making comments on the development threads.

Best Regards,
Howie.