Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:19:13 -0600
From:  Scott Hayes <shayes (at mark) officetracker.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:08179] Re: Named service (DNS) will not start
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

I found the problem, It seems there was a corrupt record imported form the
RAQ4.

When running the dnsImport script I noticed I had some strange records
getting imported that did not show in the UI so I looked in
/home/restore/etc/named and I noticed some files that seemed strange. I
delete theses files and delete all the records one more time. When I
re-imported the records I did not see the strange record getting created.
The DNS server has now been up 17 hours and all records appear correct in
the UI.

Thanks to Brian who suggested it could be a corrupt record. Also thanks for
the delete all dns records script.

Scott