Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:39:29 +0200
From:  Michael Stauber <bq (at mark) solarspeed.net>
Subject:  [coba-e:06871] Re: [Announce] Update schedule
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

Hi Vapor,

> I assumed dovecot replaced sendmail entirely so am a little confused as to
> why it would use a sendmail.cf at all and would have it's own config files.
> So how does this work then?

Like Jonas said: Dovecot just handles POP3/IMAP. But: When you switch to
Dovecot, YUM will also install you a slighly different Sendmail. If I recall
correctly the old Sendmail came out of the BQ repository and the new one is
from the CentOS repository. The newer Sendmail supports SMTP-AUTH and SMTP
over SSL. The old one didn't do that (out of the box).

--

With best regards,

Michael Stauber