Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:29:17 +0200
From:  Michael Stauber <bq (at mark) solarspeed.net>
Subject:  [coba-e:06852] Re: [Announce] Update schedule
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

Hi Vapor,

> I'm more worried about whether openwebmail will work
> over dovecot without modification?

It will work just fine. I've been using and building servers with the Dovecot
stuff ever since it hit the testing repositories.

> Secondarily I utilise dnsbl's via sendmail.cf - I assume these will be lost
> entirely, does dovecot have a suitably easy system for using dnsbl's?

Once you switch to dovecot, you'll also get a new sendmail.cf installed. So
yes, your custom additions to sendmail.cf will be lost and have to be
re-added again manually. Do not simply copy the old sendmail.cf back,
otherwise you risk that some things will not work entirely right.

> Finally I use a custom /etc/procmailrc - will this be affected?

No. BlueQuartz by default doesn't provide /etc/procmailrc, so the update will
not affect it and that file will remain unmodified.

--

With best regards,

Michael Stauber