Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:07:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:  the Oger <oger (at mark) yahoo.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:06851] Cannot manipulate users
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

I posted yesterday that I was unable to save password
changes for users via the GUI or using the passwd
command.  I have no learned that BlueQuartz will not
complete any task that involves the modification of a
user account.  That is, I cannot change a password or
remove a user.  If I try one of these tasks, the
system will appear to process forever, but no action
is actually taking place.

Please help me determine what I should be looking for.
 Is there some place that controls the permissions of
the user files that has perhaps become locked out?