Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:01:16 +0100
From:  "Vapor" <bluequartz (at mark) vaporised.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:06850] Re: [Announce] Update schedule
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

> This updates have big changes of email services.
> - POPS, IMAPS with Dovecot
> - SMTPS, Submission port
> - Remove APOP

Any chance we can have a more detailed set of notes regarding this upgrade? I probably
shouldn't be worrying but as I have a few servers purely for openwebmail users I could
do to know just how drastic this change will be.

My primary concern is smooth transition without loss of email, is openwebmail likely to
be affected by this backend change, I know the folders it creates work with IMAP and
Brian has said these will be fine, I'm more worried about whether openwebmail will work
over dovecot without modification?

Secondarily I utilise dnsbl's via sendmail.cf - I assume these will be lost entirely,
does dovecot have a suitably easy system for using dnsbl's?

Finally I use a custom /etc/procmailrc - will this be affected?

Any insight folks can provide would be appreciated.

Brett