Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:13:34 +0800
From:  patricko <patricko (at mark) staff.singnet.com.sg>
Subject:  [coba-e:04194] Should be set user account - hard quota to double?
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

Hi,

Since another partition serving as non-quota temporary mail spool,
a normal mailbox will be copied over to mail spool.

Therefore the actual quota needed will be more than actual quota.

Why?

While the qpopper is serving - user popping mails, New mails will enter the mailboxes and
qpopper session will not be able to secure the required space in user quota to write back the remaining mails from the mail spool.

I am suggestion we set the linux hard quota x2 of actual quota.

eg: patricko's 1MB mailbox

Disk quotas for user patricko (uid 1604):
Filesystem              blocks       soft       hard    inodes     soft     hard
/dev/sda8               26716        1025       2048         9        0        0

I think by doing so, mail grossly overquota maildrop - lock issue will be lessen!?

Request for comment.
Thanks

Cheers
patrick