Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:57:23 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Brian N. Smith" <brian (at mark) nuonce.net>
Subject:  [coba-e:04128] Re: Nuonce CD and USB cdrom
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

> Ahh, on my system I did notice that this RPM took A LONG time to load! I
> don't know what holds it up but if you leave it for long enough it may work!?

I can't explain why it hangs, it may be the size of your drive?  This is
what that RPM does:

   /usr/bin/perl -pi.bak -e 'if (/\/home/) {
s/defaults/defaults,usrquota,grpquota/}' /etc/fstab > /dev/null 2>&1
   /bin/mount -o remount /home > /dev/null 2>&1
   /sbin/quotacheck -c -u -g -a > /dev/null 2>&1
   /sbin/quotaon -aug > /dev/null 2>&1
   /bin/cp /etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/nsswitch.conf.bqsave
   cat /etc/nsswitch.conf | sed 's/^passwd:     files$/passwd:     db
files/g' | \
     sed 's/^shadow:     files$/shadow:     db files/g' | \
     sed 's/^group:      files$/group:      db files/g' >
/etc/nsswitch.bluequartz \
     && /bin/mv /etc/nsswitch.bluequartz /etc/nsswitch.conf

You need to turn quotas on before installing BQ, so before the first BQ
RPM gets installed, I take care of it.  The RPM doesn't install anything,
just a "hack" to make run this first.

It is possible that the remount has hung.  Or just turning quotas on made
it hang.

Thanks,
Brian