Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:11:05 +0200
From:  Michael Stauber <bq (at mark) solarspeed.net>
Subject:  [coba-e:16011] Re: push mail
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

Hi Steffan,

> If you dont wnat to
> Then i dont even have to try it

For individuals it may be fine. But for me as developer their license terms
mean: I have to tell them about any code changes I make to their software and
have to grant them full rights on these changes so that they can use it as
they see fit.

Inclusion of non-GPL or non-BSD licensed software in a BSD and/or GPL licensed
distribution is always a hassle, as you have to be really careful to correctly
mention which license applies to which part of the software and who the
original owners of the code are and which exceptions or usage rights they
grant based on their license. That's a bit of extra hassles that I'd like to
do without if possible.

--
With best regards,

Michael Stauber