Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:23:58 -0500
From:  "Bill Gibbs" <bgibbs (at mark) edurotech.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:01681] Authentication failures
To:  <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

For some random odd reason, which I have yet to find, PWDB stopped
working.  I rebooted the server, still had the problem, all services
using PAM (and hence the PWDB files) failed authentication.  I deleted
the last site added, with about 10 users (all with dots in their
usernames like first.lastname) and it started working immediately.

I then restored this site using CMU and authentication continued to
work.

Very bizarre.  I wrote a btree perl script to dump the .db files in
/var/db and all the files dumped out ok, no errors so it doesn't appear
to have been corruption.

I noticed some threads about dbrecover and dv4-utils - are they
available from the website?

I don't have dbrevover and running db_recover just gives an error about
unable to start in the environment.

Bill