Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:09:37 -0500
From:  "Jim Euliano" <jime (at mark) flatech.edu>
Subject:  [coba-e:01642] Re: Migrating from RAQ3 to BlueQuartz?
To:  <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

The newer standard (I think starting with the Raq550's) uses passwd-db.

It's better suited for managing large numbers of users then the old
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow system.  The user lists can be found in Berkley
db format in /var/db ... but I wouldn't recommend manually editing those
files.

Unfortunately, aside from that, I have no idea how to help you migrate.

Jim Euliano
Regional Director of MIS
Florida Technical College