Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:33:50 -0000
From:  "Howard Jones" <howard.jones (at mark) network-i.net>
Subject:  [coba-e:01637] Migrating from RAQ3 to BlueQuartz?
To:  <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

Hi,

I'm looking into migrating a customer of ours from an aging RAQ3 to a
BlueQuartz-based 'RAQ550'. I've used raqbackup.sh and CMU to export the
contents of the old server, and tried doing a restore on the new server
using cmuImport. It doesn't appear to recreate /etc/passwd, or anything like
it, or untar any of the tar files for user-content. The admin UI seems to be
happy that users exist though, and mail gets delivered and is collectable
over POP3. DNS records don't appear to have been migrated at all, and moving
the /etc/namedb files manually doesn't help as they still don't appear in
the UI.

Is this normal/expected? Am I misunderstanding what BQ and/or CMU will do
for me?

Also, is it safe to use apt or yum to do OS updates on this system? It
appears that the BQ stuff is pretty seperate from most of the rest of the
OS - is that so?

Thanks in advance for any light you might shed...

Best Regards,

Howard