Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Sun, 5 Dec 2004 00:06:13 +0900
From:  Yutaka Yasuda <yasuda (at mark) mfc.bakkers.gr.jp>
Subject:  [coba-e:01632] Re: How-to for building PKG's ?
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

Alex,

First, please try some machine translation service such as;

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/body/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbluequartz.org%2F%7Emoomin%2Fpkg%2F&submit=%83E%83F%83u%83y%81%5B%83W%96%7C%96%F3&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2&wb_co=excitejapan

And see, packing_list file example. It includes RPM tag as follows;

RPM: qpopper-3.0.2-C9stackguard.i386.rpm

So I am not sure that all RPM files under RPM directory will be installed
automatically or Cobalt package system will install only RPM tagged file.

For more information, see the page 6-9 of Sausalito Developer's Guide.
ftp://ftp-eng.cobalt.com/pub/developer/TechNotes/SSDK.pdf

(SSDK is good reference but I believe Tachibana's document is a good
 tutorial for getting started. That is why I recommend to look at a
 glance it even through web translation service.)

I hope it does make sense.
Regards,

Yasu.