Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:58:15 +0000
From:  Dogsbody <dan (at mark) dogsbody.org>
Subject:  [coba-e:15162] Re: Hard Drive Failure
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

> One last thought on this.  Has anyone ever tried replacing with a larger
> drive in an attempt to upgrade the size of the RAID.  So if you have 2 x 250
> GB drive and you take one out that has failed and replace it with a 500 GB
> drive.  After it has replicated, take the 250 GB drive out and put in
> another 500 GB?  Will it span the disk?

It won't do it automatically and I have never tried it but I am pretty
sure that once you have done the above swap you will then be able to go
in and create another partition on the free space.  It is possible to
grow existing partitions into the free space too but this has to be done
with those partitions offline (unmounted) and is not for the feint of heart.

Dan