Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:49:49 -0500
From:  Abdul Rashid Abdullah <webmaster (at mark) muntada.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:15158] Re: Hard Drive Failure
To:  "coba-e (at mark) bluequartz. org" <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

One last thought on this.  Has anyone ever tried replacing with a larger
drive in an attempt to upgrade the size of the RAID.  So if you have 2 x 250
GB drive and you take one out that has failed and replace it with a 500 GB
drive.  After it has replicated, take the 250 GB drive out and put in
another 500 GB?  Will it span the disk?

I have heard about doing a similar techniques in hardware RAID systems but
never heard about doing it within a software RAID.