Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Sat, 10 May 2008 23:28:56 +0100
From:  Michael Stauber <bq (at mark)>
Subject:  [coba-e:12789] Re: HTTP not responding
To:  coba-e (at mark)

Hi Kenneth,

> I have a machine that is nolonger responding to its IP address via HTTP.
> The admin was using the BQ GUI to add another admin account when the box
> locked-up. TELNET is still active.
> Any assist would be greatly appreciated.

Login by Telnet (or preferably by SSH if that's enabled) as admin and then
use "su -" to gain root access.

Then run ...

/etc/init.d/httpd restart

... to attempt to restart Apache. If you're lucky that should already solve
the issue and return just this info on the console:

[root (at mark) cbq web]# /etc/init.d/httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd:                                              [  OK  ]

If you get one or more lines saying ...

[warn] NameVirtualHost <IP>:80 has no VirtualHosts

... that's also OK. Any other information may not be normal and could shed
some light on what kind of problems you have.

If Apache does not restart, check the last 200 (or so) lines of the Apache
error log for more information. That can be done with this command:

tail -200 /var/log/httpd/error_log

The logfile should give some indications about the nature of the problem.

Also, check if the GUI is still working. Even if Apache is not running,
AdmServ may still be running and can be reached through this URLs:

With best regards,

Michael Stauber