Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Wed, 7 May 2008 11:27:02 -0500
From:  "Gerald Waugh" <gwaugh (at mark)>
Subject:  [coba-e:12742] Re: [testing] dovecot udpate
To:  <coba-e (at mark)>

Rodrigo Ordonez Licona wrote Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:12 AM
> HI Darrel,
> I would like to state respectfully,
> I am no linux expert, But I think we should follow Hisao's
> Leadership,
> He probably decided to use flat files because he knows what
> he's doing,
> And I am confident that if it's a mistake, he and the group
> will help us amend it.
> I think we should trust him,
> As for now, its is imperative to fix the dictionary attacks
> killing our servers.
> I felt reluctant to use flat files too and waited for Hisao's
> solution,
> But as one of the leaders of this community, I think he has
> taken the time to test it and resolved that for now it's the
> best option.
> Remmeber you are not alone on this. We are all on the same ship  ,
> My 2 cents.

Yes, we should trust Hisao! He has been great!

We have used the NuOnce version of the flat-file-password conversion and
worked well most of the time.
There were exceptions, where we converted back to the db version, but
were few, and may have been other obstacles.
Which we had not the time to investigate. In all cases it was with very
early versions of BQ.

Gerald Waugh
Front Street Networks
4604 Fern Ave