Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Wed, 7 May 2008 05:44:29 -0500
From:  "Gerald Waugh" <gwaugh (at mark) frontstreetnetworks.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:12735] Re: makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable
To:  <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

Gerald Waugh wrote Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:30 PM

> Ken Marcus wrote; Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:40 PM
> > Gerald
> >
> > > We are logged in as root, but get the following error.
> > >
> > > [root (at mark) ns1 mail]# makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable
> > > makemap: error opening type hash map virtusertable.db: Permission
> > > denied
> > >
> > > -
> > > Gerald Waugh
> > > http://frontstreetnetworks.com
> >

> > Gerald
> >
> > What if you try
> > makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <  /etc/mail/virtusertable
> >
> > For the permissions of those files I see:
> >
> > ls -la /etc/mail/virtusertable.db
> > -rw-r-----  1 smmsp root 331776 May  6 15:38
> > /etc/mail/virtusertable.db
> >
> > ls -la /etc/mail/virtusertable
> > -rw-r--r--  1 root root 135639 May  3 00:58 /etc/mail/virtusertable
> >

> > What do you see for  /etc/mail/virtusertable.db  and
> > /etc/mail/virtusertable    ?
> >
> I ran the commands from /etc/mail
>
> It has the correct permissions as you wrote above.
> I chowned root.root /etc/mail/virtusertable.db
> then makemap worked...
> Not a good thing to do, but the server is running and tx/rx
> email. I need to study the issue further.
>
> This is a server that had a very old (original version) of
> BQ. We did an update and had many issues to deal with...
>
> Gerald

John Gorena found this link which gave a clue...
http://www.nuonce.net/support/viewthread.php?tid=956

there was a problem with the command

[root (at mark) ns1 mail]# makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable
makemap: error opening type hash map virtusertable.db: Permission denied

i then executed

[root@ns1 mail]# make clean && make
rm -f *.db *~
[root (at mark) ns1 mail]# makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable

Now it works. It was the "make clean && make" that fixed it.

Gerald