Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Tue, 6 May 2008 18:30:02 -0500
From:  "Gerald Waugh" <gwaugh (at mark) frontstreetnetworks.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:12730] Re: makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable
To:  <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

Ken Marcus wrote; Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:40 PM
> Gerald
>
> > We are logged in as root, but get the following error.
> >
> > [root (at mark) ns1 mail]# makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable
> > makemap: error opening type hash map virtusertable.db: Permission
> > denied
> >
> > -
> > Gerald Waugh
> > http://frontstreetnetworks.com
>

> Gerald
>
> What if you try
> makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <  /etc/mail/virtusertable
>
> For the permissions of those files I see:
>
> ls -la /etc/mail/virtusertable.db
> -rw-r-----  1 smmsp root 331776 May  6 15:38
> /etc/mail/virtusertable.db
>
> ls -la /etc/mail/virtusertable
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 135639 May  3 00:58 /etc/mail/virtusertable
>

> What do you see for  /etc/mail/virtusertable.db  and
> /etc/mail/virtusertable    ?

I ran the commands from /etc/mail

It has the correct permissions as you wrote above.
I chowned root.root /etc/mail/virtusertable.db
then makemap worked...
Not a good thing to do, but the server is running and tx/rx email.
I need to study the issue further.

This is a server that had a very old (original version) of BQ.
We did an update and had many issues to deal with...

Gerald