Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:46:30 -0500
From:  "Gerald Waugh" <gwaugh (at mark) frontstreetnetworks.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:12413] Re: SMTP Port 587
To:  <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

Dan Kriwitsky wrote Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:28 AM

> Has there ever been a fix to the problem described in
> https://www.nuonce.net/support/viewthread.php?tid=911
>
> I had a similar problem. After rebooting the server, still no joy.
> For the sake of searches, here's an error from /var/log/messages:
> Apr  2 08:38:07 admin sendmail[5956]: cannot connect to
> saslauthd server:
> No such file or directory
>

> Gerald Waugh fixed the problem by restarting saslauthd:
>
> [root (at mark) admin mail]# /etc/init.d/saslauthd restart
> Stopping saslauthd:                                        [FAILED]
> Starting saslauthd:                                        [  OK  ]
> [root@admin mail]# chkconfig --list | grep sasl
> saslauthd       0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
> [root@admin mail]# chkconfig saslauthd on
> [root@admin mail]# chkconfig --list | grep sasl
> saslauthd       0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
>
> Now I am able to relay on Port 587 no problem.
> Let's see, any other keywords to help searches?
>
> Outlook authentication, rejected login, authentication required

The problem was that saslauthd is not setup to start on boot.
So add the following to the NuOnce installer CD install.script
Or execute
  /etc/init.d/saslautd start
And
  chkconfig saslauthd on
To insure that saslauthd is running, and will start on reboot.

Gerald