Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Sat, 27 Oct 2007 20:13:17 -0500
From:  Larry Smith <lesmith (at mark) ecsis.net>
Subject:  [coba-e:10988] Re: AW:  Re: Progress Development Bluequartz
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

On Saturday 27 October 2007 17:44, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Arthur,
>
> > I hope very much that Brian, Michael, others...will join you in the
> > council.
>
> I am very interested in contributing and participating as part of the team.
> I am also interested in submitting code to the official branch with which I
> have enhanced my own fork of BlueQuartz in between.
>
> However, at the moment there appears to be a certain dissent to include
> people with commercial interests in the project, which I find totally
> unecessary. So I'll just sit here with my offer to help and to participate
> and see of wether it'll be accepted or not and how things get sorted out.

I think we need everyone to be "on the same page" so to speak.  Whether or not
any one person has any "commercial" interest should have no bearing - as long
as that interest does not make itself into the actual released code.

There are plenty of people who work for various software companies that also
work with open-source groups and any code done in that context is made
available under the GNU license.  I have no problem with that approach and am
more than happy to either help out, support those that are helping out, or
whatever works, as long as the "project" - EG: BlueQuartz, remains open.

--
Larry Smith
SysAd ECSIS.NET