Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:50:24 -0400
From:  "Paul Aviles" <paul.aviles (at mark) nickelnetworks.com>
Subject:  [coba-e:10978] Re: AW:  Re: Progress Development Bluequartz
To:  <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

I think at this moment Hisao is probably not involved or will not be
going forward. I have tried to maintain him involved for the last
several months, but have not being able to do so.  I think he is great
and have some incredible ideas about some stuff in the future, but
without any real participation is the same as nothing. We even got as
far as having a beta running natively in centos 5 with some minor issues
but that was as far as we got, although I cannot take any credit for it.
I do have the source for an older ver.

We can temporarily create some sort of council and agree to a project
path and then we can continue, but without it we will never get out of
the mud.

If the project is to keep in existence in Open Source then the council
members cannot be the one charging money for releases. It has failed
time and time again in the past with people pulling and pushing for
their own benefit, and if that is the case then there is no point to
maintain BQ in its existence.

Personally, I think Patricko's  idea of LDAP should be a way to go
providing all the applications can support it. As far as a bug tracking
system, we can do whatever we want and not necessarily be stuck to
SourceForge. Let's be honest, Hisao put a small bug tracking system and
nobody use it since is easier with the mailing list, but a more formal
approach should be use. The issue is that today the list is used for
everything from people advertizing their own products to how to reboot a
windows pc.

Just since is good information to know. The mailing list is less than
500 members for what I remember. That is really sad which means that
people have lost interest on BQ/Raq's over to other alternatives.

Paul