Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:06:53 +0100
From:  Dogsbody <dan (at mark) dogsbody.org>
Subject:  [coba-e:10962] Re: RAID modification for NuOnce BQ CD
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

>>> Is it possible to modify/create the NuOnce BQ CD to do
>>> RAID 5 for /home and RAID 1+0 for the remaining slices?
>>> (This is my preference, even 1+0 for swap.)
>>
>> Theoretically yes but why on earth would you want to?
>
> Because I prefer to.  Is there a step-by-step and configuration
> somewhere to modify to the specifications?

Not to my knowledge.  The OS is CentOS so you would need to rebuild the
ISO with whatever config you wanted.  See "How do I make a custom CD?"
on http://www.nuonce.net/bq-cd.php and Google for the RAID config files.

>> Remember as well that this is software RAID.  If you want a power solution such
>> as RAID 5 and 1+0 your better off with a hardware controller, it'll be much  faster too.
>
> Yes, I'm aware of the hardware RAID, hence, my preference
> to use the controllers on the MB.

I'm still slightly confused, to me this is like trying to soup up a car
with a small engine :-)

I hope that helps.

Dan