Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:02:12 -0500
From:  Larry Smith <lesmith (at mark) ecsis.net>
Subject:  [coba-e:10945] Re: Sendmail Authentication
To:  coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 19:49, Gregory Boehnlein wrote:
> Hello,
>  Just wondering if it is possible to enable SMTP authentication for
> the server but still allow regular users to use POP before SMTP? We have a
> specific customer who is using Blue Quartz and has 100 users that don't
> need SMTP Auth, but one specific application that needs it (Some Filemaker
> crap..). So.. if I enable SMTP Authentication, will it require it for all
> users?

You should be able to run both.  Pop runs on port 110 and smtp-auth runs on
port 587.  I have servers running both quite happily.  The poprelayd program
that enables the pop before smtp function reads the log file for qpopper
connections (pop connections) but smtp-auth does not care.  I would actually
prefer to move all customers to smtp-auth, but, alas that is a dream for
another day...

--
Larry Smith
SysAd ECSIS.NET