Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date:  Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:20:25 -0500
From:  "Bill Berg" <billberg (at mark) northernweb.net>
Subject:  [coba-e:10915] Combining Servers
To:  <coba-e (at mark) bluequartz.org>

A couple years back, when we were running on Cobalt Raq4's, we had to split
one of our server into a web server and a mail server. We had an application
running on it, and only had one license. So we picked up a used server and
moved the mail. Last year we replaced the web server with a new Tyan box
from
Front Street, and it barely breaks a sweat running the 195 sites on the box.
However, with the new anti-virus and anti-spam software on the mail server
is
very much overloaded.

So here is my question. Is there an "easy" way to put the mail back on the
other box with the web sites? When using the CMU to move servers and sites,
I have noticed a "merge" option, but havne't ever used it.

Bill Berg
Northern Webworks
715-627-0400 or 1-866-572-1333

Checked by AVG Free Edition.