Purpose of the trademark registration
We would like to ask understanding about this trademark registration.
It is not intended to claim ownership of BlueQuartz by Cobalt Users
Group, but to prevent the third parties unrelated to BlueQuartz to
claim exclusive ownership and obstruct BlueQuartz-related activities.
In other word, following to the "Open Source" mind, we would like
BlueQuartz to be publicly shared, not privately owned. As Copyleft
uses Copyright to represent it's policy, we are going to utilize the
trademark registration for the publicly share of BlueQuartz.
By this trademark registration, any organizations and companies are
allowed to use the BlueQuartz logo in their publications, including
product brochures within the territory defined as below.
Cobalt Users Group shall not set any restrictions or conditions and
require royalty to the use of BlueQuartz logo without distinction of
commercial or nonprofit purposes, as far as it indicates the
BlueQuartz we are promoting. Please feel free to use the logo.
- Registered number:
- Date for the application:
- February 4, 2004 (2004-15029)
- Yutaka Yasuda (Representative of Cobalt User Group)
Cost for the registration
The cost required for the trademark registration is supported by
following people by pure donations.
- Masahiro Itoh (STUDIO Bookmark)
- Makoto Oda (cobaltresq)
- Toshihiro Makuuchi (TOKIKO GIKEN Ltd.)
- Hiroshi Hoashi (YASKAWA INFORMATION SYSTEMS Corporation)
- (3 anonymous persons) (Hyperbox Inc.)
- Masaharu Ikeuchi (Kansai Telecom Technology Inc.)
- Kabir Fumayun (Kabir Ken Ltd.)
- Tabata Atsunori (Langate Co., Ltd.)
- Yukihiko Hitomni
- Tomio Takeda (Urban Internet Co., Ltd.)
- Motohiro Egota (10art-ni Corporation)
- Hiroshi Tokuue (Nissho Electronics Corporation)
- Takumi Yachita (Mubit Inc.)
- Yoshifumi Iwahisa (COME ON ENTERPRISE Ltd.)
- Yasufumi Akai (Akai information resources work office)
- Atsushi Gunji (Hofu prefectural high school for business administration)
- Hiroki Yoshizaki (Heroes Inc.)
- Hideki Oride (ExpressCommunications Co., Ltd.)
- Kenji Ikami (KTK Co., Ltd.)
- Hirokazu Kodama (Turbolinux, Inc.)
- Kiichiro Naka
- Yutaka Yasuda
- Nobutoshi Hatayama
- Michio Sugisaki
- Jun Satou (Karuizawa Internet)
- Kazuhide Shizukuishi (seeds Inc.)
- Kazuo Inoue (CLARA ONLINE Inc.)
- Fumihiko Abe (Apricotsoft Co., Ltd.)
- Takashi Matsuo (10art-ni Corporation)
- Noriyuki Sasaki (ClassCat Co., Ltd.)
- Hidetada Satou (GMO Hosting and Technologies, Inc.)
- Yuichi Kobayashi (IBM Japan Ltd.)
- Takuya Ikeda
- Ryuji Kuroda
- Hisao Shibuya
- Motofumi Uno (GMO Hosting and Technologies, Inc.)
These listed person offered to share the cost for the registration,
when I announced the trademark registration plan at the
BlueQuartz Conference 2004/Summer.
I really appreciate these supports to make BlueQuartz as "Open Source".